SKAGIT Tulip Festival TOURS & Hike Deception Pass
PROMO Code "TULIPSNOW" to get 10% off before April 1st!
Full Day Tour to the Skagit Valley including the Tulip Festival & Deception Pass Hike
USD $109/Adult | $89/Child | Group Discounts Available
Length 9 Hours, 7:30am-4:30pm
Group Min. 4, Max 12
This full day tour bring you two great highlights of Northwest Washington: the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and a hike through Deception Pass, Washington's most popular state park. Our tour includes a morning at the world famous Tulip Festival, a stop in gorgeous seaside La Conner at midday, a picnic lunch at the beach with views of the San Juan Islands, and an afternoon hike through dramatic Deception Pass State Park.
Throughout the month of April, the Skagit Valley celebrates the coming of spring with the annual Tulip Festival, a regional tradition of the last 35 years. Deception Pass is situated between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands, boasts stunning seaside views, dense forests hugged up against cliffs plunging into the water below and mesmerizing tides that flow and churn like a river between the islands.
Why book this tour?
Door to Door service from Seattle and the Skagit Valley
View the world famous Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
Tulip garden admission fees included
Explore gorgeous seaside La Conner
Take a 2-3 hour guided hike through Deception Pass
Small groups of 12 guests or fewer
Full time designated driver, hiking guide & our comfortable high-roof van
SEE and EXPLORE more of the gorgeous Skagit Valley during our Full Day Tour
1) North to the Skagit Valley from Seattle
This full day small group tour to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and stunning Deception Pass State Park will begin when your guide and driver picks you up at your downtown Seattle hotel in our comfortable high-roof, extended length van. As we drive north and gradually depart the city, you'll get your first glimpses of the the snow capped North Cascade mountains and Mt. Baker on clear days. After about an hour on the highway, we'll make our way along the Skagit Valley's back roads and get our first glimpses of fields of daffodils and tulips stretching before us.
2) Full Morning Tulip Viewing
Your first stop of the day will be at either Roozengaarde or Tulip Town, the two largest tulip farms in the Skagit Valley with extensive display gardens with nearly 100 varieties of tulips and daffodils on display. Both of these gardens have row upon row of brilliantly colored tulips stretching to the horizon. We will spend approximately 2 to 3 hours at the first display garden of the day before proceeding on to the historic seaside village of La Conner.
3) La Conner Lunch Stop
You will have about 90 minutes to explore beautiful seaside La Conner, have lunch at one of the village's many restaurants, and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at one the many bakeries and shops that line the waterfront.
4) Deception Pass Hike
Your next stop will be the Deception Pass State Park where we will stop at multiple points to admire the stunning seaside views. When the group is ready, we'll start our hike along the shoreline, the trail transitioning between the groves of Douglas Fir and Pacific Madrone and cliffs that plunge to the beach and ocean below. At openings with views to the ocean, keep your eyes out for diving ducks, cranes, and harbor seals hunting along the shoreline. As you approach the historic Deception Pass Bridge, if our timing is right, you'll watch the churning whirlpools and standing waves created by the dramatic tidal exchanges. The trail meanders and is a mix of uphill and downhill terrain. On average, we'll hike about 4 miles along rolling terrain and the beaches. The actual distance we cover will depend on the group's energy and speed.
5) Return to Seattle After an Amazing Tour
After getting beautiful pictures throughout the hike and along the shoreline, we'll head back to van for the 90-minute drive back to Seattle where your guide will drop you back at your downtown Seattle hotel at approximately 5:30-6:00pm, depending on traffic.
You're just a couple of clicks away from this Tulip Festival & Deception Pass Hiking Tour. If you're ready to book, please read this first. If you reserve a private group tour, we'll pick you up and drop you off anywhere within the Greater Seattle metro area.
- Downtown Seattle pick-ups at hotels or the cruise terminal will begin at about 7:30am. Please see our pick-up area in the map below. If you're not staying within this area, please meet us at the Sheraton Seattle (1400 6th Ave.)
- A secondary pick-up location is the Ash Way Park & Ride in Lynwood, WA. Pick-ups will occur there between 8:00am and 8:15am.
- We will depart the Deception Pass area by approximately 4pm and will make our first stop at the Ash Way Park & Ride at about 4:45pm
- Drop-off service at downtown Seattle hotels will be at approximately 5:30pm, depending on traffic
- Downtown Seattle Hotel, Cruise Terminal or Ash Way Park & Ride Pick-Up and Drop-Off service
- Full day transportation in our comfortable high-roof van with guide and designated driver
- Entrance fees to Tulip Town or Roozengaarde tulip viewing gardens
- 45 minute stop to explore La Conner
- 2 to 3 hour guided easy to moderate hike through Deception Pass State Park with chances to view and photograph wildlife. Our hike will be along marked trails and beaches, through rolling uneven terrain. Total distance covered will depend on the group's interest and pace, but will not exceed 4 miles total.
Pick-up and drop-off service is provided to hotels located within the marked service area. Additional pick-up and drop-off will be provided to the Seattle Cruise Terminals as well as the Ash Way Park & Ride.